To say this was easy to make would be an understatement. Sometimes there’s just not time in the day to be faffing about with baking and worrying whether the finished product will come out the oven as you’d hoped. This dessert is ideal for those who only have 15 minutes to make something sweet.
What you need:
50g unsalted butter
200g large marshmallows
150g dried mixed fruit (I used raisins and dried cranberries)
50g (gluten free) biscuits, crumbled
150g (gluten free) puffed rice
75g dark chocolate
- Grease a 24cm square baking tin with oil and line with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat, then add the marshmallows and continue to stir. (Make sure they don’t stick!)
- Once melted, remove from the heat and mix in the dried fruit, crumbled biscuit pieces and Rice Krispies.
- Stir well (and prepare to fight with the marshmallow, which will become very very sticky!) Pour into the tin.
- Bring to the boil a small amount of water in a small saucepan and balance a glass bowl on top, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat and place the chocolate squares into the glass bowl. Stir well until melted.
- Once melted, drizzle the chocolate – using a small spoon – over the cake and leave to set in the fridge until solid.
It’s literally impossible to just have one little bite and walk away, so prepare to share it out quickly or face the consequences.